IF PURCHASING AS AN ADD-ON TO AN ALREADY EXISTING ORDER, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ORDER NUMBER IN THE NOTES SECTION.
Not sure if your skin will work? Not sure how to fix it? Hire a Skin Doctor!
A Skin Doctor will...
- provide an expert analysis of the skin file provided.
- ensure your skin is compatible with our system.
- automatically convert older skins to the current format (Minecraft version 1.8 and later).
- modify "Alex" skins to fit the "Steve" template.
- fix any errors, including the removal of "unwanted pixels" and filling holes (missing pixels) in vital regions.
A Skin Doctor will NOT...
- help you redesign your skin.
- design a skin from scratch.
- repair skins missing more than 300 pixels in vital regions.
- edit or delete existing pixels in vital regions.
- provide samples for your approval
- be held responsible if the skin applied to your action figure does not turn out as desired—it is your responsibility to ensure your design has been properly reviewed.
Often times we receive files with obvious errors—pixels on part of the template that should have been left blank, or pixels missing in regions vital to production. Unfortunately, without a keen eye or experience in skin design, it can be easy to overlook these issues. For just $3.99, one of our Skin Doctor's can ensure your skin file is OK for printing. Our staff member will ensure the skin you provide is compatible with our digital-to-print conversion algorithm by eliminating suspected "unwanted" pixels and filling in any holes.
There's only one catch—in order to properly treat your "patient," we must be granted some creative control. By hiring a Skin Doctor, you agree to let our designated technician make decisions based on the patterns, or trends of pixels present on the file(s) we receive. For example, if 1 side of each arm is left blank, and the existing 3 sides all contain red pixels representative of a long shirt sleeve, we believe it is safe to assume that you intended to fill the blank sides with red pixels as well. Another example is if we receive a skin that was intended for the character "Alex," whose arms are only 3 pixels wide, it makes most sense for us to simply duplicate the neighboring pixels at the end of each arm in order for it to properly fit the "Steve" template.
If you hire a Skin Doctor, we will do our best to ensure your skin is properly represented on your action figure. Please note, we cannot read minds! Going back to the first example above, if you intended those blank pixels on the character's arm to be blue instead of red, we never would have been able to come to that conclusion based on the pixels present. Again, our priority is to make sure your file is compatible, and we will do our best to make the most logical decision when filling in holes based on neighboring, existing pixels.
If you opt out of hiring a skin doctor and we receive a corrupt file, it will be your responsibility to resolve any errors before we can proceed with production. We will notify you if we detect any errors. Rest assured, if you're having trouble, you can always hire a Skin Doctor HERE. Please be sure to note your original order number in the field provided.